hey i firstly wanna tel u that we wont make people hackers
it is only for knowledge purpose dont missuse it
we only want people to know about it
Hi, im Akshansh Yadav
you can also find me on FB as:- Tycus Blaze
Saturday, 4 August 2012
Wifi Hacking-Scaning Tool NetStumbler
NetStumbler (also known as Network Stumbler) is a tool for Windows that facilitates detection of Wireless LANs using the 802.11b, 802.11a and 802.11g WLAN standards. It runs on Microsoft Windows operating systems from Windows 2000 to Windows XP. A trimmed-down version called MiniStumbler is available for the handheld Windows CE operating system.
2. Run the NetStumbler. Then it will automatically starts scanning the wireless Networks around you.
3. Once its completed, you will see the complete list of wireless networks around you as shown in thesnapshot below:
There you will see different columns such as MAC, SSID, SPEED, VENDOR, TYPE and much more
4. Now select anyone of the MAC address that you wish to hack and want to explore more about that. If you click on the MAC address of one of the discovered wireless networks under channels, you will see a graph that shows the wireless network’s signal strength. The more green and the less spaces are there,it indicates better is signal strength.
5. As you can see NetStumbler provides a lot more than just the name (SSID) of the wireless network. It provides the MAC address, Channel number,encryption type, and a bunch more. All of these come in use when we decides that we wants to get in the secured network by cracking the encryption.
There are two most common types of Encryption Methods used by Wireless Networks:
1. WEP (Wired Equivalent Privacy) – WEP isn’t considered safe anymore. Many flaws have been discovered that allow hackers tocrack a WEP key easily. I will explain how to hack the WEP in next tutorial so guys keep reading
2. WAP (Wireless Application Protocol) – WAP is the currently the most secure and best option to secure your wireless network. It’s not as easily cracked as WEP because the only way to retrieve a WAP key is
to use a brute-force or dictionary attack. If your key is secure enough, a dictionary attack won’t work and it could take decades to crack it if you brute-force it. This is why most hackers don’t even bother. But I will explain you smarter ways to hack WAP keys also rather than these noobish methods. I will explain this in my next consecutive tutorials. So guys keep visiting.
Thats all about scanning the wireless networks, if you want that i should explain the other tools then please post in comments. I can explain them in future on demand.
Now how can protect our wireless network from scanned by NetStumber.